Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So Here's My New Scarf

Knitted quite some time ago now, but as per usual it's taken me forever to post about it...


It's a bit fancy!  Mum and Dad sent me a ball of this special wool (the name of which I can't quite remember now).  At first, I was completely clueless as to what to do with it; it looked like a ball of very fat wool that I could knit maybe ten stitches with. 

Fortunately, a pattern arrived in the mail a few days later (thank you, Mum!), and after many and varied false starts, I got it finished.  I love the colours.  I never would have thought about combining brown and tan with grey, but it works beautifully.

I'm currently working on a cardigan in a shade of brown that just happens to go with the scarf.  Here's hoping I don't run out of winter before I get it done. 

And I thought you might like to see a photo of Maggie.  She was scooting around on the bed the other day while I was changing the sheets (she's likes to play under them), and she was being so damn adorable, I went and got the camera.  Poor girl's fighting an ear infection at the moment, but fortunately for both of us, she's not at all upset about having cream put in her ear.


Not bad for 17 going on 18. What's that, about 500 in human years?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! And do you know what? If you run out of winter, it will be back next year :) (Well that is how I justify my terribly slow knitting hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the way you think, BTW. This knitting business isn't nearly as quick as crocheting. Although that could also be because I'm still learning...

      Delete
  2. WOW!! Nice scarf! Looks very expensive! Also looks like it would have taken quite a bit of knitting......pretty much counts me out :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It only LOOKS expensive (given that I didn't pay for the wool and have no idea how much it is). It actually wasn't all that complicated once I got the hang of it. Just ask Mum, I believe she's making one, too.

      Delete