Friday, February 24, 2012

I Made Some Hats, Too!

When I was teaching myself how to knit again (it had been a LONG time between knitting expeditions), I thought I might try knitting some hats from my wool stockpile for practice. 

I had the idea that I would donate them to a homeless shelter, but since we're nearly done with winter I that will have to wait for a while.  In the meantime, I thought you might like to see what I did.



I tried a variety of patterns, stitches and needles, including circular needles, which I'd never heard of before.  While I liked the fact that the circular-knitted ones don't have a seam up the side, I wasn't too thrilled with working the crowns with double-ended needles; that's a dropped-stitch (or twelve) disaster just waiting to happen!

It was fun, though, and quick.  A pretty decent way to keep myself out of mischief, all things considered.

4 comments:

  1. You need to learn magic looping on circular needles - so much easier - it is how I do all my socks and small circ items (those double-points are just scary!) Should be heaps of helpful videos on youtube :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahah! Thank you for the good advice. I thought there must be an easier way to do it! I'm totally with you on those double-ended needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had an nth of the talent of you too I'd be a very happy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. far out...........nice hats. Any more and we'll have to call you a "prolific" knitter :)

    ReplyDelete