Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sad But True

So since I'm having trouble moving photos from the camera to the computer (I suspect dead batteries), I thought I'd share this little Sad But True tale with you.

Daniel went to the store to get the bits and pieces we needed for Christmas, which included some fresh green beans.  Can't have ham without green beans!  He was sorting through them when a woman approached him to ask him how he was going to cook them.  Read that again if you need to double-check, but yes, she wanted to know how he was going to cook the beans!  She then went on to say she'd never had a fresh green bean because... wait for it... SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO COOK THEM!!!!  Seriously.  How sad is that?

Even worse, it reminded me of a time I had a similar experience at the green bean stand.  And when I explained to this particular person that, apart from steaming or stir-frying them, I also eat them raw in salads, you would have thought I had just killed and eaten her firstborn child.

Sad.  Very sad.  But unfortunately very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment