Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Wish It Was Spring!

Not because I'm wishing the winter away (although some snow would be nice), but because

I WANT TO WEAR THESE!


How groovy are these fabulous gardening shoes that Aileen sent me for Christmas?  They're lightweight, waterproof, have really good treads, and they fit beautifully.  I can't wait to put them to good use.  I don't think dashing out to the compost bin in the rain, which I did today, really counts.

Speaking of Christmas, Daniel has been good enough to share some Cherry Ripes with me from the stash of outrageous goodies that Frog sent.  Yay!

We invited our friend Chris over and we had olive and artichoke pies, ham, green beans, tartiflette (a fabulously sinful potato dish, the recipe for which is here), and then Daniel made ginger creme brulee for dessert.  Oh, and here's the recipe for the pies.  I'm sure I don't really need to mention that they're both from taste.com.

To top things off (as if that wasn't enough), we visited our friends Shannon and Henry for more dessert on Christmas night.  Shannon had made a chocolate and walnut pie similar to a pecan pie that was to die for.  Needless to say, much exercising has been going on since then!

We had a lovely, relaxing day, as did the furry folk.  Although, to be honest, they rarely do anything else these days.

Oh, and we had the best Christmas tree ever.  We didn't get it until the Thursday before, so all the trees were on sale to the point that we got ours in exchange for a donation to charity. Double bonus, in my opinion.


Pretty cool, huh?  It takes up lots of our admittedly tiny living room, and almost reaches the ceiling!

Hope you and yours all had a lovely Chirstmas, too.  I'm off work this week... trying, and almost succeeding, to do some productive things around the house.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your tree looks amazing. I'm glad you like the sloggers. I guess you've discovered by now that they make rude noises when you don't wear socks!! Roll on spring huh.

    ReplyDelete