Thursday, June 19, 2014

So What Do You Think?

Blue...






Or green?

I thought that once I put some of the trim colour next to it, the answer would be quite obvious.  It wasn't.

Then I thought if I painted a really sunny spot, the answer would be obvious.  It still isn't. Sigh.

As a reminder, here's what our house looks like:


So what do you think?

Incidentally, this is a large part of the reason why you haven't heard from me in a while.  It's proven to be a lot more time-consuming than I thought it would be.

And for the house painters and detail-oriented amongst you, no we're not stripping everything back to the bare boards.  While that would be lovely, we would need a contractor to do it properly and that's more money than we have or, really, than the house is worth since there's lead in the paint and that involves all sorts of regulations for the professionals. 

We are going to have someone do all the preparation up high (basically everywhere that I'm too chicken to get to), and do the final painting.

Who knew choosing a house colour could be so fraught?  I will say, though, I picked the right green on the first try :)

Cheers.




1 comment:

  1. You do realise I have been checking your blog almost every day waiting for you to post the colours.....and now I don't know which one to flipping pick!!!! Every one knows I'm a green girl but I do like that blue!

    ReplyDelete