Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rumours of Spring are Overrated

It's been windy (60-80ks an hour), rainy, it's hailed a bit here and there, and we've had frosts... exactly what happened to Spring is a mystery to me.

Having said that, my plants seem to be surviving okay for the moment; my greens are up and growing, my carrots are moving right along, and I finally got some peas to sprout (which is to say Nature finally deigned to let me have some pea plants). In fact, it's just about time for my grazing method of thinning for the greens, which consists of me eating the wee plants as I pull them up. Can't resist!

I planted some shrubs a few weeks ago, and they seem to be doing alright too, so I guess I shouldn't complain too loudly. I'm just a bit tired of this silly season.

I'm really, really hoping for some consistently warmer weather. I will be very happy if I don't see another jacket until November!